There are many hotels in the Galapagos Islands. HOTEL GALAPAGOS is the original.
Now with our Scuba Iguana diving service, we are a PADI RESORT.
Since 1961 Hotel Galapagos welcomes you to comfort in the wilderness. We have fourteen rooms on the ocean shore in five acres (20,000 mts.) of natural gardens, your personal wildlife park with varied habitats from cactus to mangrove, like a private nature preserve on the shore of Academy Bay. Hotel Galapagos is renowned for reliable services, delicious home style meals, and friendly attention in a relaxed ambience.
All wildlife photography for this website is done at Hotel Galapagos.
We are near the Charles Darwin Research Station, with its displays, library, land iguana project, and giant tortoisebreeding center.
- Decades of experience, a family hotel in continuous operation since 1961. In 1969 we originated the first scheduled Galapagos tours.
- Dozens of marine iguanas, hundreds of birds.
- Fourteen rooms in five acres of shoreline gardens.
- All rooms face the sea breeze.
- All rooms have unobstructed ocean view.
- Famous home-style meals.
- Two shaded seating areas in the garden with fabulous views of Academy Bay. Comfortable wildlife observation point. A wonderful place for a meal or drinks.
- The hotel property is a peninsula. We see sunrise and sunset over the water.
- See our historical monument, the oldest house on the island, Sigurd Graffer’s sod-roofed stone hut.
for more information about the Norwegians of Galapagos.)
- We have our own small boat dock.
- On site, our own scuba dive boat and dive shop,
- Away from the noise of town, but close enough to walk.
- 700 meters from the Charles Darwin Research Station.
- We operate our own chlorinated water system.
- Auxiliary Diesel generators guarantee continuous electrical supply in case of local system failure.
- We have our own repair and maintenance shops.